Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral.
While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now.
The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted.
Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed.
Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
FAQ’s about pre-planning your funeral
What is a pre-planned funeral?
A pre-planned funeral allows you to plan the details of a funeral in advance. These details are kept in our files and there is no need to pay until the time of the service.
Personal preferences can be planned and budgeted for. You are also able to update your funeral plan at any time.
What do I decide at my first consultation?
At your first consultation, you will get to decide on:
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service
Turner Family Funeral’s helpful funeral staff is on hand to help you make the right decisions for your future and discuss the perfect funeral plan option to suit your financial situation.
What are the advantages of a pre-planned funeral?
There are a few advantages to prepaid funerals, which include:
- Relieving family of the financial burden of a funeral. A prepaid funeral is simple, sensible and practical. With 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death, it’s difficult for your loved ones to think rationally while making so many decisions. Pre-planning gives yourself and your loved ones peace of mind.
- The freedom and choice of deciding how your funeral is going to go. You can have it your way and realise your wishes.
- You are not subject to extra fees or price increases.
- You are not subject to income and assets tests.