Who to notify when someone passes

Where do I even start?

When someone passes, it’s important that you notify  family and friends to begin with.

Once you have started to process your grief and things have settled down, it’s a good idea to start contacting organisations that your loved one had services with.

This can range from their phone and internet provider to their subscription food delivery service. 

What organisations to contact

Government organisations

  • Centrelink
  • Australian Tax Office
  • RTA
  • Medicare
  • Electoral Office
  • Local Government (for council rates)


  • Phone and Internet Provider (Telstra)
  • Electricity Company
  • Gas Company
  • Rental Companies
  • Bank and Financial Instituations


  • Service Organisations; Lions Club etc
  • Clubs
  • Church
  • Veteran’s Affairs

Medical Services

  • Local Doctor
  • Dentist
  • Regular Specialist
  • Local Chemist
  • Bloodbank

Insurance Companies

  • Funeral
  • Home
  • Car
  • Health
  • Superannuation Company

Other Services

  • Accountant
  • Solicitor or Public Trustee
  • Employer
  • Home Delivery Services
  • Home assistance

For more information about what organisations to notify,

please contact us